The area has been allocated over £85m from the European Union to support economic growth and create jobs over the next seven to ten years. See our current opportunities listed further down this page.
In our European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Strategy we set out how our area’s funding will be invested to achieve our objectives.
Our European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Programme 2014-2020 is drawn from three separate European funds; the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the European Social Fund (ESF) and the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
Open ESIF Funding Rounds
EAFRD: Food Processing
- Grants available from £100k to £1m for food processing businesses across York, North Yorkshire and East Riding who are looking to make capital investments in order to grow.
- Deadline for the applications is 31 January 2018, but grants will be offered on a first come, first served basis so organisations encouraged to submit an Expression of Interest as soon as possible.
- Applicants are strongly advised to read the Food Processing handbook and How to Fill in an EOI form before submitting their application.
These grants are offered under the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE). For more information about the RDPE, to download the Food Processing handbook, Expression of Interest form and guidance, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rdpe-growth-programme
- Grants available from £35k to £2m for businesses and organisations across rural North Yorkshire and East Riding who are looking to make capital investments in tourism infrastructure related to outdoor activities.
- Deadline for the grant applications is 31 January 2018, but grants will be offered on a first come, first served basis so organisations encouraged to submit an Expression of Interest as soon as possible.
- Applicants are strongly advised to read the Rural Tourism Infrastructure handbook and How to Fill in an EOI form before submitting their application.
Friday 16 December – 30 April 2017
The latest round of ESIF funding opened on Friday 16 December.
Around £13 million is being made available for investment to create jobs and economic growth.
The funding is available for schemes in:
- coastal flood management
- blue/green infrastructure development
- supporting organisations to lower their carbon emissions
- decarbonising the food chain
The closing date for applications is 30 April 2017.
For advice and support with applying for European Structural Investment Funds, please visit www.esiftap.org. There, further details can also be found about a series of workshops that are taking place in January – which we recommend those who are interested attend.
For further information on any of the calls, please call Pip Betts on 07825 011961 or email [email protected]
2016 ESF Skills contracts awarded
York, North Yorkshire & East Riding is benefitting from around 20 million investment in European Structural Investment Funding (ESIF).
Our emerging projects are directed towards:
– Supporting our local businesses to grow and develop their workforce.
– Supporting those already in work to progress their skills levels.
– Supporting young people to make better informed careers choices.
– Helping those furthest from the labour market to progress towards employment.
For further details about these projects and their eligibility click here.
The ESIF Programme is governed by a local sub-committee made up of representatives from a variety of organisations from across our region. Specifically, the committee helps:
• develop, in conjunction with the managing authorities, annual implementation plans to focus delivery and performance;
• discuss with the managing authorities the breadth, scope and timing of funding calls required in each local area;
• contribute local expertise to the managing authorities’ selection and prioritisation of projects.
Local Enterprise Partnership representatives
- Professor Colin Mellors, Emeritus Professor of Politics, The University of York. (Chair)
- Jane Lady Gibson Chairman, Make It York
Local authorities representatives
- Councillor Jane Evison, East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- Councillor Linda Cowling, Ryedale District Council
- Councillor Ian Gillies, City of York Council
- Councillor Chris Metcalfe, North Yorkshire County Council
Education, skills and employment representatives
- Allan Stewart, Principal Selby College
- Fay Treloar, Director of External Engagement, York St John University
Rural and farming representative
- Janet Thornton, Executive Member, Yorkshire Food, Farming and Rural Network
- David Renwick, Director of Conservation, North York Moors National Park Authority
Trade Unions representative
- Bev Clarkson, Unite
Micro and small businesses representatives
- Andrew MacHutcon, Mackenzie Partnership
The voluntary and community sector representatives
- Sam Alexander, Chief Executive, Your Consortium
- Caroline O’Neill, North Yorkshire and York Forum
The LEADER, CLLD and local groups representative
- Graham Ward, LEADER Coast, Wolds, Wetlands & Waterways Local Action Group
Managing authorities’ representatives
- Michael Hunter, ESF Senior Operation Manager, Department for Work and Pensions
- Sophie Donaldson, ESF Contract Manager, Department for Work and Pensions
- Martin Hewitson, JobCentre Plus
- Andy Tordoff, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Joanna Rowell, ERDF Programme Delivery Team: Yorkshire & the Humber, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Kathryn Cambell-Savours, ERDF Programme Delivery Team: Yorkshire & the Humber, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Donna Atkins, ERDF Programme Delivery Team: Yorkshire & the Humber, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Peter Campey, Assistant Director, BIS Yorkshire, Humber and the North East, Department of Business, Innovations and Skills
LEP Officers (advisory)
- Andrew Leeming, Enterprise Partnership Manager, YNYER LEP
- Annabel Jelley, Skills Manager, YNYER LEP
- Tim Frenneaux, Enterprise Partnership Manager, YNYER LEP
- Pip Betts, Programme Funding Co-ordinator, YNYER LEP
- Claire Watts, External Funding & Policy Manager, YNYER LEP/East Riding of Yorkshire Council