Here you can find our funding opportunities that are currently open for applications as well as information on potential funds that may be available in the future.
Business looking for other funding or advice? Our Growth Hub HowsBusiness.org is the place for you.
The area has been allocated over £85m from the European Union funding to support economic growth and create jobs over the next seven to ten years.
Our European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Programme 2014-2020 is drawn from three separate European funds; the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the European Social Fund (ESF) and the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
For advice and support with applying for European Structural Investment Funds, please visit www.esiftap.org.
EAFRD: Food Processing
- Grants available from £100k to £1m for food processing businesses across York, North Yorkshire and East Riding who are looking to make capital investments in order to grow.
- Deadline for the applications is 31 January 2018, but grants will be offered on a first come, first served basis so organisations encouraged to submit an Expression of Interest as soon as possible.
- Applicants are strongly advised to read the Food Processing handbook and How to Fill in an EOI form before submitting their application.
These grants are offered under the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE). For more information about the RDPE, to download the Food Processing handbook, Expression of Interest form and guidance, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rdpe-growth-programme
- Grants available from £35k to £2m for businesses and organisations across rural North Yorkshire and East Riding who are looking to make capital investments in tourism infrastructure related to outdoor activities.
- Deadline for the grant applications is 31 January 2018, but grants will be offered on a first come, first served basis so organisations encouraged to submit an Expression of Interest as soon as possible.
- Applicants are strongly advised to read the Rural Tourism Infrastructure handbook and How to Fill in an EOI form before submitting their application.
These grants are offered under the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE). For more information about the RDPE, to download the Rural Tourism Infrastructure handbook, Expression of Interest form and guidance, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rdpe-growth-programme
T: 07825 011961
E: [email protected]
Growing Places Funding
The LEP’s Growing Places Fund provides investment for capital infrastructure projects that aim to create economic and employment growth. Projects invested in are those that deliver against the LEP’s objectives and which are ready to proceed but have stalled due to funding issues.
Growing Places is operated as a revolving fund so investment is, principally, made on a loan basis with returns re-invested into further projects.
All proposals will be diligently assessed through a technical appraisal looking at the Strategic, Economic/Market, Financial, Commercial and Management business cases for investment that encompasses a set of criteria which includes:-
•The contribution the project makes towards the LEP’s strategic objectives and priorities;
•The level of job creation facilitated;
•The impact of the project on the wider economy;
•The ability to repay the loan finance provided with interest;
•The achievement of value for money;
Proposals going forward will be considered by a LEP Board Member Investment Panel for investment decision.
Due to the success in recycling funds from original investments made, the holding fund balance is currently £2,092,111.
Skills Capital funding – Call for Proposals 17th July – 28th July 2017
The focus of the Skills Capital Fund is to provide high quality learning facilities that contribute to economic growth and meet labour market requirements. Skills capital projects may include new buildings, refurbishment of poor quality buildings, new equipment and software.
The Local Enterprise Partnership is inviting proposals for skills capital propjects by submission of an ‘Outline Application’. The invitation will be open from 09.00 on 17 July 2017 until 17.00 on 28 July 2017.
Local Growth Funding – Call for Proposals 7th July – 31st July 2017
Local Growth Funding is delivered through the York, North Yorkshire and East Riding Growth Deal. This is a deal with Government to support key capital investments that deliver jobs and growth. Our Growth Deal is currently valued at £145m to be delivered between 2015 and 2021.
This call for projects is particularly seeking bids for projects that contribute to delivering the opportunities set out in the SEP that will contribute to:
- Unlock the housing growth the area needs and fast-track employment sites with market demand for high value sector growth.
- Improve East West connectivity, particularly between towns and their neighbouring cities, maximise rail investment through station improvements and better access, and ease congestion in York and Harrogate.
- Enhance the resilience of the local economy, particularly to flooding.
- Ensure widespread reliable telecommunications and high speed broadband.
- Skills Capital (there is a separate call for skills capital projects – above).
You can find out more about what this call involves, the projects considered and how to apply in this guidance document. You can download the 2017 Local Growth Fund application form here, under the funding ‘tab’.
Let’s Grow – North and East Yorkshire
Let’s Grow North & East Yorkshire is a LEP funded business grant programme, administered by the BE Group.
The fund was established with £2 million of investment from the LEP’s Local Growth Fund. The Fund provides grants to businesses in North & East Yorkshire to encourage investment which will create new jobs or safeguard existing jobs.