The area has been allocated over £85m from the European Union to support economic growth and create jobs over the next seven to ten years. See our current opportunities listed further down this page.
In our European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Strategy (to be read alongside YNYER Strategic Economic Plan – ESIF Submission) we set out how our area’s funding will be invested to achieve our objectives.
Our European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Programme 2014-2020 is drawn from three separate European funds; the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the European Social Fund (ESF) and the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
- For details on our current open funds, you can visit this page.
- For advice and support with applying for European Structural Investment Funds, please visit www.esiftap.org.
- For further details on European Structural and Investment funds you can visit the gov.uk ESIF page.
The ESIF Programme is governed by a local sub-committee made up of representatives from a variety of organisations from across our region. Specifically, the committee helps:
• develop, in conjunction with the managing authorities, annual implementation plans to focus delivery and performance;
• discuss with the managing authorities the breadth, scope and timing of funding calls required in each local area;
• contribute local expertise to the managing authorities’ selection and prioritisation of projects.
You can download a list of our ESIF committee members here.