Our vision is a resilient low carbon economy – we’re finding local solutions to a global climate crisis that are good for people, places, businesses and the planet. We will achieve this by:
- Making it simpler for organisations and communities to reduce their carbon footprint;
- Developing investable projects that bring about long-lasting change;
- Growing businesses based on technologies that we’re great at to deliver carbon savings.
Creating a supportive environment
To deploy low carbon solutions at speed and scale requires systems change, and the LEP is developing relationships to drive this change. To enable the transition we need to:
- Strengthen local supply chains
- Secure investment
- Build awareness and change behaviour
- Develop skills
- Build infrastructure
- Develop our knowledge and innovation capacity
- Drive policy changes
Investable projects in distinctive places
Our strategy is based on delivering change under four priority areas where local collaboration will fuel faster progress towards a long-lasting, low carbon legacy:
- Establish resource efficiency clusters
- Create an energy-smart city of York
- Support towns, rural communities and businesses to benefit from energy independence
- Create a circular agri-food sector
We’re championing technological opportunities that will have the biggest impact on our region’s carbon footprint and economy:
- Energy efficiency in buildings
- Electric and hybrid vehicles
- Anaerobic digestion
- Renewable heat pumps
- Biomass for heat
Join the revolution!
We’re looking for partners on this journey, people who share our visions and are passionate about the opportunities of a low carbon economy.
If you would like to be kept up to date about our progress and find out about the latest news, upcoming events and opportunities to help shape the resilient low carbon economy in Yorkshire, please email [email protected].