Consulting on the Industrial Strategy29 March 2017
Consulting on the Industrial Strategy
We met with friends and partners from a multitude of sectors in York earlier this week to discuss our Industrial Strategy response.
After a presentation from our Head of Business Tim Frenneaux, guests split into four groups to discuss and share opinions around certain key areas such as skills and business.
Our summary responses are:
- A call for a longer term more stable approach to economic policy and institutions.
- Taking some big decisions to drive a more strategic approach with some clear goal setting.
- A call for a strong commitment to support LEPs and Growth Hubs and greater clarity on the geography of interventions.
- More sharing of what works and understanding the real needs of businesses and industry.
- Recognising that there will be an economic impact from Brexit, and proactively supporting businesses to maximise opportunities and minimise risks.
We were delighted for all the valued feedback we received from those that attended, and invite local businesses and organisation to fill in our online survey to contribute further to our response.
The feedback session followed presentations from over 20 partners and organisations about the variety of new funding available in our region, organised by the ESIF Technical Assistance Partnership.
Contributions to our survey are welcome up until the 7th April. We will collate all responses for submission to Government by the 17th April.