National Apprenticeship Awards open for nominations
Are you an employer with apprentices who have made a real difference to you and your business? Or maybe you’re an apprentice, or work with some and have seen how an apprenticeship can have a real impact on a young person’s career? If so, you have the opportunity to share your experiences in the 2015 National Apprenticeship Awards. The awards, run by the National Apprenticeship Service, have a number of awards in two main areas: businesses that grow their own talent with apprentices and apprentices who have made a significant contribution to their workplaces. It’s open to employers of all sizes from all sectors and celebrates the contribution and success that apprenticeships have brought to organisations and their people. The Apprentice of the Year categories are looking to award apprentices who are working towards or have recently completed their apprenticeship, with the Apprenticeship Champion of the Year category being open to former apprentices who can demonstrate real progression in their careers and continue to champion apprenticeships today. Nominations can be made here, with a closing date of Friday 22 May 2015 and you must apply online. The Regional stage winners will be announced at a one of the regional awards ceremonies in October 2015 and the overall National accolade announced in January 2016.
- Small Employer of the Year (1 – 24 employees)
- Medium Employer of the Year (25 – 249 employees)
- Large Employer of the Year (250 – 4,999 employees)
- Macro Employer of the Year (5,000+ employees)
- Newcomer SME of the Year (up to 249 employees)
- Newcomer Large Employer of the Year (250+ employees)
- Intermediate Apprentice of the Year
- Advanced Apprentice of the Year
- Higher Apprentice of the Year
- Apprenticeship Champion of the Year
For more information visit the Awards website.